Students & graduates
At Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy & Fertilisers (WesCEF), we recognise that highly motivated people with exceptional skills are essential to our continuing growth and success, and we work hard to develop our future leaders.
We seek people who are excited by the challenges our businesses present, and are keen to grow both personally and professionally. Innovation is one of our strategic priorities. We don’t want you to just think outside the box, we want you to replace the box.
Are you ready to take the first steps in your career?
Put theory into practice and become a valued team member.
We offer exciting and challenging practical work experience for motivated engineering students who want to experience first hand working in the chemical, energy and fertiliser sectors at our industrial manufacturing facilities.
We offer vacation work during the university summer break from December to February. This opportunity is available to mechanical, chemical, process or instrumental/electrical engineering students who are in their final or second last year of study.
Our 12 week program provides an insight into the career options and opportunities within WesCEF.
Our program provides you with an opportunity to:
- Apply your theoretical learnings from university to real projects
- Work with our engineering team to gain exposure to engineering projects in different aspects of the business
- Experience an engineering work environment and enhance your technical skills
- Work closely with a mentor who will guide and assist you during the 12 week program
- Be assigned a project that is meaningful and current, as well as have the opportunity to present your outcomes to our leadership team
- Develop skills for future employment, including leadership, communication, presentation and influencing skills
High performing students may be offered a cadetship with WesCEF which provides financial support and casual employment through the final year of university and a pathway to our graduate program.
At WesCEF, our graduates are not there to make up numbers, which means you will have a real role, with real responsibilities and a workload to manage. You are part of the team. Our program combines the challenges of working in our technically complex industrial manufacturing facilities, with tailored training, support and guidance to give you the best possible start to your career in engineering.
As a graduate, you will be on a structured three year development program, where you will have:
- Extensive industry-based exposure and on-the-job technical guidance
- Opportunities well outside standard graduate roles, including project management responsibilities and leadership and commercial development opportunities
- A strong foundation for your future professional life through achieving Chartered Professional Engineering status (CPEng)
- Experienced mentors who will broaden your business knowledge and support your ongoing development
We will also offer you market competitive remuneration which includes performance-based incentives, and:
- Annual Engineers Australia membership
- Coverage of costs associated with technical and professional development including the Engineering Education Australia 'Graduate Program in Engineering' and achieving Chartered Professional Status
- Access to other Wesfarmers benefits as listed in our Valuing our Employees section
Our graduate program is available to mechanical, chemical, process and instrumentation / electrical engineering students.
Interested in applying?
If you’d like to receive a notification when our student and graduate programs are open for application, you can do so in our Available positions at WesCEF section, where you can register your interest on our job board.
WesCEF values diversity. Mature age applicants, females, Indigenous Australians and those from diverse cultural backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.