Information Technology and Systems
The Information Technology and Systems team develops, implements and supports business systems to enable our businesses to run efficiently and effectively.
This team supports the division’s IT requirements including infrastructure support covering hardware, network and operating systems, application support and desktop user support, and are located in our Kwinana and Murdoch offices in Western Australia.
The following are examples of two key roles in the Information Technology and Systems area of WesCEF.
Technical Support Officer
Our Technical Support Officers provides technical support to system users through specifically:
- Assisting with installation and management of workstations and other end-user IT equipment as required.
- Investigating, testing and implementing new hardware and software.
- Supporting IT related projects and implementations.
Our Technical Support Officers have tertiary qualifications in an information systems or related discipline and have experience in similar desktop support roles.
Working as part of the helpdesk team, our Technical Support Officers have an opportunity to:
- Gain generalist practical IT experience.
- Work with other experienced IT professionals and broaden expertise in a range of enterprise technologies.
- Build relationships with stakeholders and users across the division.
Senior Applications Developer
Our Senior Applications Developers support growth in our businesses by analysing and developing business systems, as well as identifying and implementing efficiencies.
As a Developer, you will:
- Engage key stakeholders to understand business requirements, design solutions, configure functionality and deliver improvements.
- Design, code, test and install programs and prepare technical documentation.
- Define standards, lead projects, maintain systems and provide technical support.
To be a part of the Development team, we seek people with significant experience in designing and programming business systems (particularly Oracle e-Business Suite, Oracle JD Edwards, Microsoft .NET or IBM Cognos), and who have tertiary qualifications in information technology or equivalent.
In return, you will:
- Support growth and drive improvement in our businesses.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the division.
- Develop project management skills.
- Have access to career development opportunities.